Top food blogs

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Olma va olhu'ri sharbati (Compote with apples and plums)


Hi everyone! Long time no posting:) as always I am so sorry guys for my "holiday out":) Time is just amazing thing, you won't look up and bumps! - three or four month are passed just like a second... But thankfully it is passed with a lot of fun and love! Hope you are also having a good time and trying to see good in everything..
Summer is coming, hot days are expected, so that means a lot of drinking:) I love compotes, because they are natural, healthy and tasty! It is better not to drink those soft drinks, because they are full of chemicals and preservatives, sugar free soft drinks have aspartame which is not good for health, so it is better to make your own drink:)
Usually I make compotes out of different fruits like apples, plums, apricots, pears, cherry's, berry's and so on. So today's post is about  apple and plump compote:) Enjoy and have fun making it!


Ingredients:
500 grams of apples, quartered and cleaned from seeds
500 grams of hard plums, washed carefully
Sugar to taste
  Boil 1.5 liters of water. When water starts boiling, put in apples and plums, set the heat on smaller then medium and simmer for 20 min. At the end add in sugar for your taste.  Take from heat and let it cool down completely. Put in fridge and serve chilled.
Yoqimli ishtaha!

8 comments:

  1. do you have any meatball recipe? i like your country's meatball. it taste different than others. i wonder what are spices that they put in~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear you can type "meatball" to the search space on the left top corner. I have 4-5 recipes of meatballs here. Would be happy to help:)

      Delete
  2. Hi there! I've just nominated your blog for the Liebster award. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Malika for your recipes, I grew up far far away from my background. I do not know a single sentence of my father tongue, and I still always have this yearning to know of this great background with the most beautiful of foods. Finally I have found your blog with your fabulous recipes! Lots of love from a sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, thank you so much for good words!!! Everytime when I see such appreciation, I am more convinced that I am doing good with my blog...I am so happy to be helpful!!!

      Delete
  4. I never thought that there is actually our traditional foods recipes. I'm surprised. I really like your blog and going to visit it once in a wile I'm sure I defenetly don't know the thigs you do. Well we all learn from each other in life. Wish you luck)))

    ReplyDelete

  5. Wowwwwww.... Awesome blog over here....nice photo shoots...Love all your designs.
    International Tours and Travels

    ReplyDelete